Schools are listed alphabetically and include email and telephone number to request enrollment and cost information.
To search by topic: Click the keys "Ctrl-F" to open a Find box at the bottom of your screen.
Then type a keyword (e.g., Commercial, Core).
Course codes reflect the type of course:
E - Elective
M - Mandatory for both salespersons and brokers
MB - Mandatory for brokers (elective for salespersons)
A - Appraisal (Limited to one appraisal course per renewal period)
Courses are available in person or through distance education, and may be completed any time within the two year renewal period.
Continuing education hours are NOT automatically transferred from the course provider to the Commission's website. Each licensee's record is updated from rosters or distance education certificates supplied to the Commission by the school. The school is required to report the student's attendance to the Commission within seven days of the course completion date, or by the license renewal date, whichever is sooner. Please allow at least 48 hours for Commission staff to enter the course data and post to the website.
Retain the Certificate of Completion in a safe place! DO NOT MAIL TO THE COMMISSION unless asked to do so. To receive proper credit, please be sure the name and license number supplied to the school matches that shown on the license or pocket card.
Click on the "Check CEU Hours" link to verify which courses the Commission has on record for for the current renewal period and to see the number and type of hours still needed, if any.
To request credit for individual hours of continuing education from a school not approved by the Commission, complete the Individual Request Form.
Courses for the upcoming renewal due date may be completed in the two-year period beginning one day after the previous due date. For example, if licensee "W" completes the required CEUs and renews his license by the "W-X-Y-Z-A" deadline of 9/30/EVEN, he may begin taking courses on 10/01/EVEN that will count toward his next renewal period.
Salespersons must meet a 12-hour continuing education requirement by their first renewal date and at each subsequent two-year renewal. An exception to the 12-hour requirement is provided for new salesperson's whose first license expiration date is five months or less from the issue date of the original license. Salespersons in this category have an "SA" for their license number prefix. All salespersons with an “SP" license number prefix must complete the 12-hour requirement.
Of the 12 hours required for renewal, salespersons must complete at least 3 mandatory hours in the course titled: "Required Salesperson and Broker Core."
A "Required Broker Core" class counts as an elective for salespersons. Salespersons who plan to become brokers prior to their renewal date, should include a "Required Broker Core" class as a part of their 12 hours, as the course is required to renew a Broker's license.
Brokers must meet a 12-hour continuing education requirement by their first renewal date and at each subsequent two-year renewal.
Of the 12 hours required for renewal, brokers must complete at least 6 mandatory hours
in two courses titled: "Required Salesperson and Broker Core" and "Required Broker Core".
The "Required Salesperson and Broker Core" course covers brokerage relationships and misrepresentation.
The "Required Broker Core" covers one, or a combination of, the following topics:
- Procedure Manuals
- Trust Accounts
- Management, including all facets of supervising a real estate company
- Common violations of the license act and BRETTA
- Commercial sales and leasing issues
- Farm and ranch issues
Are nonresidents required to meet the same continuing education requirement as resident licensees? Nonresidents must take the same commission-approved course(s) for mandatory hours. However, nonresidents may receive credit for elective hours for courses approved by their state of residence if:
- the course was taken within the Kansas license renewal period; and
- the licensee files a certificate of course completion with the Kansas Real Estate Commission by the Kansas renewal due date. Please include your Kansas license number to ensure proper credit.
All continuing education required for reactivation must be on record with the Commission in order to reactivate a license. To verify continuing education click the Check CEU Hours
- If the license was recently renewed without continuing education on file, all required hours must be completed prior to reactivation.
- If the license has been inactive for two or more years, continuing education totaling 6 hours for each full year the license has been on inactive status must be completed prior to reactivation, in addition to the regular 12 hours required for the immediate past renewal period.
- If the license has been inactive for five or more years, the licensure examination must be passed in addition to the continuing education requirements listed above.