All applicants must submit a traditional fingerprint card or livescan digital submission, and Background Waiver form REL-150 to KREC along with payment for the application and background fees. Currently, the digital fingerprinting service is only available at some law enforcement centers in Kansas, the KBI office in Topeka, and some Pearson VUE testing centers.

  • Bring a government-issued photo ID and the Background Waiver form REL-150 to your fingerprint appointment. Email or fax pages 4 and 5 of the Background Waiver Form REL-150 to KREC.
  • Livescan fingerprinting MUST be completed in KANSAS. Non-resident or resident applicants who are unable to complete livescan fingerprinting in Kansas must submit traditional fingerprint cards via U.S. Mail.
  • KREC will not process livescan fingerprint submissions until the applicant has submitted the completed Background Waiver form and payment to KREC. 

Pearson VUE

Pearson VUE offers digital fingerprinting to exam candidates at the following test centers: Overland Park, Topeka, and Wichita. Details and a candidate handbook are available at:

To make a digital fingerprinting reservation, visit and choose: Fingerprint KSREFP: KS RE Fingerprint Appointment. Register with your full legal name, as it appears on your government-issued ID, when you make your fingerprint reservation.

The $16 fingerprint fee must be paid to Pearson at the time of reservation by credit or debit card. This fee is separate from the application and background fees paid to KREC. Depending on availability, candidates are not guaranteed a fingerprint appointment adjacent to their exam appointment.

Law Enforcement Agency

Applicants may be printed at your local police or sheriff's department and should contact them directly to confirm availability of fingerprint card or livescan services. Click here to view a list of agencies offering print services in Kansas.

Specifically, Sedgwick and Johnson County sheriff’s offices will complete livescan fingerprinting services for KREC but applicants still need to contact them directly to make arrangements.