Salesperson Pre-Licensing Checklist
If you meet the requirements below, use this step-by-step checklist to obtain a Kansas Real Estate Salesperson license.
Pursuant to K.S.A. 58-3043, the Commission may restrict or deny an applicant’s license.
Applications pursuant to K.S.A. 48-3406. Substitute (Sub.) for HB 2066 was enacted by the 2021 Legislature amending K.S.A. 48-3406. Applicants who may qualify include military service members, military spouses, applicants who reside in Kansas, or applicants who intend to reside in Kansas. Applicants must hold a current valid license in another jurisdiction for at least two years immediately preceding application and not have past or pending disqualifying criminal records or disciplinary actions. Please contact KREC to request an application form. More information related to 2021 Sub for HB 2066 can be found here.
The Commission will not process an incomplete application. The $125.00 license fee will be refunded if the application is incomplete or denied by the Commission.
1. Be at least 18 years of age.
2. Have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
3. Show proof of successful completion of sixty (60) hours of salesperson pre-license education courses approved by KREC.
4. Comply with all application procedures required by KREC.
5. Pass the real estate salesperson license exam before the course certificate expires.
Submit the following with the license application, if applicable: