1. Be at least 18 years of age.
2. Have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
3. Meet an experience requirement. (See Below)
8. Include a nonresident form (REL-110) if you are not a Kansas resident and you hold a broker license in your resident state.
10. Email or fax to the Commission the application, $175.00 license fee, and any applicable supporting documentation (see below).
The Commission will not process an incomplete application. The $175.00 license fee will be refunded if the application is incomplete or denied by the Commission.
- Licensed three or more years with 30 or more transaction points.
- Licensed two or more years with 40 or more transaction points.
- Licensed two or more years with 20 to 39 transaction points. A restricted license will be granted. A restricted license would prohibit the supervising of any Kansas licensees. To request the restriction be lifted, a written petition must be submitted with new experience and/or education for consideration.
- 3 points per closed commercial or agricultural land real estate transaction over $1,000,000
- 1 point per closed transaction for all other real estate transaction types
- 0 points for transactions as a residential property manager
- 0 points for transactions as part of a team or group if the licensee’s name is not on the purchase contract
- Maximum of 5 points for transactions with personal interest
Submit the following with the license application, if applicable: