Have a COMPLETE application (all parts) here by Tuesday, December 31st to avoid the requirement to complete the 30-hour Broker Management Course.
IF the only thing missing is one of the following that has been requested but not received by Tuesday, we will still consider the application as complete.
certification of license history from Missouri or another state
KBI/FBI report (fingerprints, waiver and payment are here but KBI has not sent the report to KREC yet)
1. Be at least 18 years of age.
2. Have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
3. Meet an experience requirement. (See Below)
Applicants with a current broker's license in another state must complete:
8. Include a nonresident form (REL-110) if you are not a Kansas resident and you hold a broker license in your resident state.
10. Email or fax to the Commission the application, $175.00 license fee, and any applicable supporting documentation (see below).
The Commission will not process an incomplete application. The $175.00 license fee will be refunded if the application is incomplete or denied by the Commission.
- Licensed three or more years with 30 or more transaction points.
- Licensed two or more years with 40 or more transaction points.
- Licensed two or more years with 20 to 39 transaction points. A restricted license will be granted. A restricted license would prohibit the supervising of any Kansas licensees. To request the restriction be lifted, a written petition must be submitted with new experience and/or education for consideration.
- 3 points per closed commercial or agricultural land real estate transaction over $1,000,000
- 1 point per closed transaction for all other real estate transaction types
- 0 points for transactions as a residential property manager
- 0 points for transactions as part of a team or group if the licensee’s name is not on the purchase contract
- Maximum of 5 points for transactions with personal interest
Submit the following with the license application, if applicable: